Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My First Picture


So this is my first attempt at taking and editing a picture.  It could be worse, right?  We have had our cameras since last Wednesday, and I got mine from my camera partner on Sunday.  It took me a while to figure out the basic shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings, but I think I've got it down for inside pictures.  I've yet to take an outside picture, but I already have some planned in my head for the coming days...

We learned basic photoshop functions in class today, and then we got to take a crack at it by editing our own pictures.  It was kind of overwhelming, and I wanted feedback on everything I did.  Unfortunately, that's not possible when our teachers have to deal with something like 15 amateur photographers.  I think I did well all by myself, though!

I plan on spending an inordinate amount of time taking and editing photos this semester for my photography class, assuming my real classes don't kill me.  More pictures should be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment