Sunday, January 23, 2011

Capturing Life

It looks like Sunday is my blogging day.  It is a good thing to squeeze somewhere in the mountains of homework I should be doing.

I haven't felt like I have anything to write about this week.  My classes are too dull to bother describing.  Besides rock climbing and photography, that is!

We learned how to tie all our knots in rock climbing this week.  Then we learned the whole "on belay," "belay on," "climbing," "climb on" thing.  And once all that safety stuff was out of the way, we climbed!  It was a wee bit scary, but I made it to the top of what I'm sure was the easiest wall with Laura belaying me.  Belaying Laura was more challenging for me than climbing was, for sure.  I need to practice.  And I have to in order to get my advanced belay card.

This week was my first photography class, and I'm anxious to really get going.  We got our camera partners, checked out our cameras, and started learning immediately.  I'm so used to my dinky digital camera with all of its automatic settings.  I'm very interested to learn how to do all these things manually with a nice digital camera.  I don't have a natural talent for photography, and I'm not particularly creative, but I'm taking this class to hopefully better myself in these areas.

I'm hoping to start posting some of my photographs on this blog once I really start taking pictures.  Don't make fun of me; let's just hope for improvement over the course of the semester!

My camera partner brought me the camera this morning, so I guess I'll start messing around with it today.  My theme is "arrangement"... we'll all have to see where that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment