Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Morning Without Twitter

In honor of the crisis in Egypt, I left all of my electronic devices at my apartment today.  Okay, I'm lying about my reason; I was just in a big rush this morning and forgot my phone and iPod.  It wasn't a political statement, but perhaps it's appropriate given the oppression in Egypt.  The difference is that I'm on the Internet and able to post this blog now...

Anyway, I felt super disconnected from the world (and totally clueless about what time it was) as I rushed from Ten Hoor across the Quad to Gordon Palmer and couldn't even tweet about it!  I reached the 3,000 tweet mark yesterday, so you can probably infer that I am a prolific tweeter.  I tweet when I'm feeling happy, sad, angry, annoyed, bored, pensive, and creative (and most often when I find something hilarious or appalling and need to share it).  It's a great outlet to break up the monotony of a day.

Since I didn't have that outlet this morning, I decided to do a little stream of consciousness thing on, get this, real paper.  I cannot guarantee each of my thoughts will be shorter than Twitter's character maximum of 140 since I'm not writing on my phone, Twitter, or a word processor, but I'll try not to be too wordy.  Enjoy the things I would've tweeted today:

  • (As I was half running across the Quad to math class) Power walking is fun.  It's boosting my metabolism to burn extra calories in class!
  • We just worked problem 2b from a section in our math book.  Nerd behind me said, "To be or not to be?"  Thank God nobody laughed.
  • Stop asking open-ended math questions and expecting any of the ten people in this class to answer.  It's too early for this academic back and forth; just teach.
  • No joke for 3a, buddy?
  • What is the limit of my boredom as time in this class approaches INFINITY?
  • Why are there not clocks in classrooms anymore?  It's like you want students to check their cell phones in class.
  • I am going to assume my math teacher let us out late.  I may not have the time, but I feel like it's a safe bet since he always does.
  • Things I hate #1: Stupid assignments.  I am here to learn, not to spend my valuable time writing an exam for this class. #givemeabreak
  • Things I hate #2: When it starts raining between classes.
  • (And so begin my GBA 490 "tweets.") I am obviously not cutthroat enough for the business school.
  • Gotta love the debate about cussing in the classroom.  It doesn't bother me, but I don't thing censoring bad words takes anything away from the learning environment.
  • Most important qualities in a wife, according to a guy in my class: ambition > fitness > sense of humor > intelligence.  Awesome, business school senior.
  • The girl next to me is breathing so loudly.  You're awake, homegirl.  Stop snoring.
  • Lakeside may have a lot of good memories, but the food and music are nothing short of horrendous.
I wouldn't have actually tweeted all of those things.  Mostly because I don't want people to unfollow me for tweeting every few minutes, but also because it's hard to text in class sometimes!  Haha.

Anyway, that was my morning and what I thought was an interesting reason to update my blog for the first time in a week.  I hope you enjoyed my rambling!

2 comments:

  1. ten Hoor does not necessitate a capitalization on "ten" you fool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't know that! Thank you, "Anonymous."

    ReplyDelete