Friday, February 25, 2011

The Post About Katie

What happened to me blogging semi-consistently?  I admit, this blog is not one of my top priorities, but I don't want to stop.  It really is nice to just write once in a while.  Math and economics don't allow for much individuality or creativity.  I need this.

But what I'm going to post right now is something I wrote a week ago:

Friday, February 18


So it’s about 9:45, and I just got off the phone with my best friend Katie.

Generally, we don’t spend that much time on the phone with each other.  Admittedly, neither of us is the best with the whole constant communication thing.  This is probably due to the fact that our friendship began after getting each other for potluck roommates freshman year.  We loved each other (once we got to know one another), lived together for two years, and the rest is history.  Anyway, it was much easier to talk when we saw each other every single day.  Now we’re older, busier, and she’s…

ENGAGED!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!  That is what she just called to tell me.  Sorry for the long lead in, but I thought this announcement deserved a little build up!  I cried when she told me.  It’s not every day your best friend gets engaged to her soulmate.

Of course, nobody is going to see this until everybody else knows anyway.  Katie is in a sorority, and she should be having her candlelight ceremony Monday.  I don’t plan on spoiling the surprise!

Anyway, there go our grades for our final semester of college.  We have more important things to attend to… namely, A WEDDING!

I’m so, so, so excited.  It’s been a long time coming; she and Zack have been since first semester of freshman year.  Everybody knew it was coming, and we’re all glad Zack finally proposed.

I had to get this out, but I don’t want to say everything I’m thinking right now.  I’ve got to save something for my toast at the wedding.  ;)

^ I am still just as excited as I was a week ago.  Yay yay yay!  And P.S. I cried again during the time when I knew she was having her candlelight and again when I went over to see her and her ring!  I can't help it.

I'm so excited to get closer to Katie and all of my fellow bridesmaids over the next 5 1/2 months.  Not long to plan a wedding, right?  But this is going to be the best kind of busy ever.

Until next time, readers!

Edit:  Here's a picture of me and Katie with her RING!


No comments:

Post a Comment